aimeejo

Aimee

Haven

Haven - Kristi Cook Highly Enjoyable! Not quite what I thought it would be about, but the twists and surprises were good ones. The plot was fun to follow and I was on the edge of my seat as I read the climax of the book.

I liked Violet. Her inability to control her talent, her need to control it and hopefully get rid of it, makes for a great heroine. She doesn't have her life all together and she reaches out to people, even if they won't listen to her. Easily riled up, she's also fiercely loyal to her friends.

What the story was building up to, essentially the 'Big Showdown', I felt a little let down that it seemed to be over as quickly as it was. I wasn't expecting chapter upon chapter of a fight, but I was expected just a little more fight from all parties. Other than that, it was a great story and I definitely look forward to reading more with Violet and Aidan.

Merged review: