aimeejo

Aimee

In Debt to the Dom

In Debt to the Dom - Jan Bowles I was expecting a little more from this one. It sounded good from the description, I was expecting an experienced dom. But the part that really turned me off was the when they went shooting. Keaton showed professionalism with a gun. Pointing it to the ground, never pointing it at something he 'didn't want to shoot'. Until he decided to use it as a toy. While it had a live round in it. The gun enthusiast in me had a huge problem with this. Granted the scene lasted but a few paragraphs, but it was enough.

I said earlier I was expecting a more experienced Dom. Keaton has hidden from his dark desires until now. Which isn't a bad thing. But I'm uncomfortable with novels that don't include peace of mind. He didn't give Maddie a safe word and they both had hopes he would stop if things got to far. It wasn't full blown bdsm, mostly some elements of bondage and spanking, but it still left me feeling uncomfortable.

I did, however, like the symbol of the key. I thought this was interesting and clever on the authors part. I liked what it represented.