aimeejo

Aimee

Purpose

Purpose - Kristie Cook *Includes Book 1 Spoilers*

This wasn't an easy read. In the first book, we don't know the outcome of whether or not Tristian is alive. We see the birth of Dorian and the book comes to an end. The beginning of this we see that 7 years has gone by. And Alexis is still in a very emotional grieving process. I had a couple problems with this. It's been 7 years, she should have found a way to cope by then. She should have been rational to be a mother to her son. The extreme emotional breakdowns, after so many years, were too much too often. The first half of the book is really just her spending all her time crying and it wasn't much of a story. It really took away from the story and I almost didn't finish it.

This book did have an interesting story, I just wish so much of the pages weren't wasted on an emotional basket case who needed to grow up. The storyline of not giving birth to a daughter (never happened before) was interesting and while it probably will be explored later, I thought could have been used to give us something interesting to latch onto in the first half of the book.

I liked the first book. I did. Nothing spectacular, but it was still a decent read. I'm hoping the next is nothing like the first half of this book. The character was just too weak for me to like.