aimeejo

Aimee

Carpe Bead'em

Carpe Bead'em - Tonya Kappes Oh my goodness! I had a hard time putting this down. I was engrossed in the story from the moment I picked it up. Carpe Bead'em was such an enjoyable read. I don't delve into chick lit often enough.

The story was great. I don't know much about the fashion world, but I loved following Hallie through her job. The narration was perfect for me. The story wasn't overwhelmed with too much detail or too much inner dialogue, but held a perfect blend to make the story flow seemlessly.

I loved how Tonya Kappes was able to bring her characters to life. I loved reading about Hallie and her crazy Aunt Grace. It was a very endearing relationship, even if Aunt Grace did drive Hallie crazy just a bit. I struggled at not skipping ahead just to make sure everything works out for Hallie. I was on pins and needles while wishing and hoping she got the happy ending she deserved.

Tonya Kappes is a great writer. I loved the humor, friendship, growing pains, crazy late night calls and the pink boy poodle. I decided I don't stray out of the paranormal romance genre enough. This was a joy to read, even with it's sad moments (in which I did, in fact, need a tissue), and I highly recommend this.