aimeejo

Aimee

Burden of Blood

Burden of Blood - Wenona Hulsey The beginning of the book really hooked me. It really interested me when Nicole was able to hear all of the evil thoughts around her and was able to take that and do something with it. Like, say, arrest them. Plus Luke isn't bad for man candy!

It did take on a twist I wasn't expecting and had plenty of excitement until the end of the book. Nicole seems to be a bit of a loner, but not by choice. So it was hard to see her push everyone away at different points, the rest of the story made up for her need to be alone in her fight.

The novel is shrouded in mystery and adventure and even a bit of romance. The premise is intriguing and it sounds to be a very promising series as things start to really get heated up towards the end.