aimeejo

Aimee

Eve

Eve - Anna Carey I haven't read too many dystopian style novels. I didn't have others to influence if I liked this or not and now I am happy. I did like it. I thought the story was very interesting and something that could happen. Girls are being used for broodmares after a plague devastates the world. Not only that, but the sacrifices Eve had to make in order to gain her freedom.

The reason behind Eve being hunted relentlessly took me by surprise. You'll have to read it to find out exactly what I mean, but it made for an interesting dynamic when trying to capture poor Eve.

The romance in this was nice. Eve was raised to think all men or boys are evil but Caleb proves different. I had a lot of hopes, still do, for the two of them. The ending of the book left my heart aching just a little. Eve was a great adventure. Hope just around the corner, unlikely friendships are made and love is rediscovered. I can't wait to see what happens in the rest of this trilogy.