aimeejo

Aimee

Retribution

Retribution - Sherrilyn Kenyon I love the world that the Dark Hunters are set in. I was given an audiobook to review and I've only recently started listening to them more and more and this one was one that everyone should listen to. The man who reads, Holter Graham, it does it perfectly. He does all the accents, all the voices, even the women's, perfectly. I had actually thought that men growling stuff out was just something you read in a book. Oh man. Did he ever get that growl going! I just about melted in my chair! I highly recommend the audiobook on this. Very worth it to hear it read out loud.

I really liked Sundown. I felt really bad for him. When reading about how he became a Dark Hunter was heartbreaking. Reading about what happened to Abby was equally as heartbreaking. What I loved was how the story twisted and changed. Nothing wasn't as it seemed to be. The story unfolded and truths were learned. Very crafty story, and I loved how it all played out.

Jess and Abby were in a race. They have an apocalypse to stop. I don't know why, but I love the suspense. It keeps me on the edge of my seat, desperate to know how it all ends, hoping that it all ends well. The whole story had me on my toes. Things kept turning out much different than I thought they would, keeping me from being able to figure everything out until I was supposed to.

The book definitely had it's funny moments. Even funnier, was listening to Holter Graham spout out some of those lines. I had some great laughs and very much enjoyed the comic moments in the book. This is one great series and this is what an audiobook should be like. It was engaging and beautifully read.