aimeejo

Aimee

Once Upon a Groom

Once Upon a Groom - Karen Rose Smith Such a sweet, romantic story! I was enchanted from the very first page and swept off my feet as the story unfolded. Zack and Jenny were perfect for each other in so many ways, but blinded by dreams they thought they wanted. I really loved how this story grew and evolved. When Zack and Jenny shared the responsibility of taking care of Silas, Zack's father, they both had to reassess their dreams and their lives. It wasn't one sided and it really helped build the story into a beautiful tale.

Zack sees his father as someone who was disapproving of his lifestyle. He didn't want to take over at the Rocky D and so he left. And he left behind more than just his childhood and girlfriend. He also left behind a part of it and it really was beautiful to watch as Zack realized what was missing from his life and just how much he truly missed it.

I liked how both Jenny and Zack had daddy issues to work out. Neither was in the right or wrong and I think that was important. Both had to work their issues out, but it wasn't belittled by the other. Perfectly written. Once Upon a Groom was such a joy to read. I didn't read the first in the series, but after reading this, I must get my hands on the first. This is definitely a must read for any romance fan.