aimeejo

Aimee

Touch

Touch - Jus Accardo I was a bit disappointed with this one. Not because of the story itself, but with the characters. I was actually intrigued with the story and it was the reason I finished the book. I have a fascination for X-Men type novels. But I struggled to finish, despite having a story that I just wanted to know how it all ended.

Dez was a hard character to like. So hard, in fact, that I actually finished the novel disliking her a lot. I was never able to connect with her. She was abrasive and I had a hard time rooting for her. Being an adrenaline junkie would have been alright, but going out of her way to do things to not only get her fathers attention but his wrath as well, wasn't something I wanted to see for the heroine of this book. I was hoping to find some vulnerable side but never found it.

I had high hopes for this book. The blurb had me excited to pick this up. But in all honesty, I really struggled to keep reading. There were several times along the way that I had just wanted to give up, to give in and put this book aside and not finish. I hope others are able to enjoy it more than I did, but this book was not for me.