aimeejo

Aimee

Glow

Glow - Amy Kathleen Ryan I'm a little on the fence with this one. On one hand, I loved the audiobook. I've listened to a previous audiobook with both Matthew Brown and Ilyana Kadushin and have enjoyed them reading previously and for this book. I do believe Matthew Brown will be one of those names I look for when picking out future audiobooks. On the other, I'm not sure I really enjoyed the story itself.

The whole story seemed to go at a slow pace. I had to restart several scenes multiple times because I would tune it out. While there were some really great conflicts in the story, for the most part, I had wanted something to happen. Anything. There seemed to be a lot of world building and explaining and that is where I found myself tuning out the book and found myself doing something else to entertain myself.

The plot interested me. It still does. I haven't decided if I will try out the next one or if I will let the series go. It does seem to hold promise for a good series. And it didn't hurt that one of my new favorite readers (Matthew Brown) read for Kieran.