aimeejo

Aimee

The Catastrophic History of You and Me

The Catastrophic History of You and Me - Jess Rothenberg When I first heard about this, I was excited for it. While the novel wasn't anything amazing, it was still a good read. What hooked me to the story was the plot. A young girl actually dying of a broken heart. A heart split into two. While following Brie's afterlife, I enjoyed it as the pieces started coming together.

Brie's need for revenge was a little too much sometimes, but other times I felt bad for her. Not about her heart getting broken, per se, but about her life coming to an abrupt end. No change of marriage, of graduating, of experiencing life outside of a school system. Of losing her family, of how her brother will have to live without his sister and friend. Looking in on how her death has affected her family was what tugged on my heart strings in this book.

The revenge thing was almost too much for me. Brie didn't just want to irritate her two friends in a small way. She was out to ruin them, if she could. But luckily, by the end of the novel, her attitude changes and realizes her mistakes. She is able to read between the lines, see the things she missed.

This is still an entertaining read and I would still recommend it. I just wouldn't hold out for a story that will blow you away.