aimeejo

Aimee

Third Grave Dead Ahead

Third Grave Dead Ahead - Darynda Jones Third Grave Dead Ahead left me desperate for the next book. The more I read of this series, the more I fall in love. Truly one of the best series out there, Charley Davidson has captured my attention and isn't letting go.

After the last book, I didn't know if this story could get any better. And it does. Charley is doing everything physically possible to not fall asleep. Being now when Reyes enters her dreams, he's angry and he's making sure that even when she does sleep, she doesn't get any rest. And so, her solution, is to not fall asleep. At all costs. And it is starting to have an effect on her ability to do her job. But it makes for great entertainment as she bumbles around in her sleepless, caffeine fueled daze.

This time, Charley's case also happens to be the same one that Reyes wants her on. Looking for the father that he was accused of murdering, the father who faked his death. Supposedly. All the while, trying to locate the missing wife of a doctor. Who doesn't look so innocent from where Charley is sitting. I don't know how Ms. Jones does it. There is a whole lot going on as the series progresses, but it never feels like too much. She's able to blend her stories together flawlessly.

The ending of this just about killed me. I'm not sure if prophecy is the right word, but we do get a hint of things to come for the ending and the twist at the end just about stopped my heart. I was stunned. And then I read more. And now... now I'm forced to wait until October to find out more. I just might go stir crazy waiting for more Charley! But this series is so worth the wait. And I'm excited for things to come in this series.