aimeejo

Aimee

Quintana of Charyn

Quintana of Charyn - Melina Marchetta What a book! So many feels! I experienced so many emotions though this book. After the ending to the last book, I was extremely glad I had this one on hand to start. I slowly got attached to Froi in the second book and after the third, I would never give him up! What a transformation of this guy! From street thug to hero. After more and more of his history is revealed, I wanted to cry for him. He had a hard life up until he met Isaboe and Finnikin.

So much goes on in this book. We have Lumatere, that when we last see them in Froi of the Exiles, are gunning for Gargarin. Unknowing who he really is. Everywhere you turn there is betrayal. Or sometimes what looks like betrayal. Sometimes I wanted to smack Isaboe and Finnikin upside the head, but I had to keep reminding myself that they didn't have the same information I did. They didn't have the chance to see what Froi had found out and uncovered. And after I realized that, it only made it harder when I realized that Froi was in a position where he might have to choose and that was the last thing he wanted to do.

What an adventure! I'm glad I finally picked up this series. I wasn't let down at any point while reading this series. Although, I wouldn't mind another book, that takes place 18 years after this one. What a sight that would be!