aimeejo

Aimee

Once in a Full Moon

Once in a Full Moon - Ellen Schreiber In a genre full of werewolves, I really loved how this was a little different. This was based more on the older tales of werewolves. Mixture of man and beast, who walked on two legs. The Wolfman. It was a nice change from the rest.

I had waited a bit before reading this after it came out, to let a little of what I'd heard die down. I liked it, I did. But it wasn't anything I felt was amazing. I'm not sure if this leads into a series or not, but I liked the story.

We get a little bit of a Romeo and Juliet feel in it and I thought it was well done. Celeste is very open minded, helpful and just wants to reach out to others. Even if they are from the wrong side of town. Her friends don't support her whatsoever in this and it made the novel a bit frustrating, not in the sense I didn't like it, but in the sense I really started to pull for Celeste. While her friends wanted nothing more than for her to date Nash, a complete self absorbed jerk, I was glad that she had found that something that made her come alive.