aimeejo

Aimee

So Much Closer

So Much Closer - Susane Colasanti I liked this well enough. I don't know if I really liked the writing style it was written with though. It didn't really seem to flow, instead it cut off and changed scenes. I liked the premise of the story, but as I read, it didn't really wow me too much like I thought it might. But still a good read.

Brooke moving to NYC because of a boy seemed a bit dramatic, but I like to think that it was her opportunity to go somewhere she's always wanted to live and to really have a chance to find herself. I kept cringing when she talked about telling Scott why she moved and how they were meant to be together. I realize we all thought we were meant to be with someone in high school, but I still cringed and hoped she wouldn't completely embarrass herself with it.

I didn't really care for John and first. Brooke tutors John and he seems a little spazzy. It took a while for me to realize while he may be hyperactive, he isn't some immature guy who just seems to get annoying at time. By the end, I was liking this character more than I thought I would.

I was glad that Brooke was able to find out what she wants to do with her life. While I did like this story, it still wasn't anything amazing. I'd still recommend it once the price comes down. Not worth the $11 though.