aimeejo

Aimee

Sloppy Firsts

Sloppy Firsts - Megan McCafferty This was just great! I really liked this. I didn't realize at first, however, that this was written in the form of diary entries and letters. But it well written so it conveyed the story and wasn't written in shorthand (which I hate). Mostly, I found this hilarious. Since it is written in a diary, I think we get the more snarky side of Jessica, while getting the dialogue as well.

Jessica was a fun character. I really enjoyed her story. Man, she seems to have some horrible luck! Although Marcus seemed like that kid you shouldn't associate, I found myself liking him and secretly hoping that they would at least become friends. I felt bad for Jessica, after Hope moved away. It seems she really only has the one friend who really gets her and that she truly likes.

I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be an insomniac and seeing what goes through Jessica's head was interesting. Her need to run (without her dad there to make it not fun) just to shut off her brain for a few minutes.

This was a highly enjoyable book. I have read a lot of good things about it and I can't wait to read the rest of the series.