aimeejo

Aimee

This Lullaby

This Lullaby - Sarah Dessen Another fantastic Dessen novel. The more I read her books, the more I appreciate the realness of her characters. I don't roll my eyes or groan over the characters, instead I find them to be very realistic. Which isn't something that I come across too often. Even more amazing, is Dessen has been consistent with the ability to write great stories.

Remy was an interesting character. Coming from a background of no father, a mother who remarries often to the point Remy and her brother place bets on just how long it will last, it wasn't surprising to see she doesn't believe in love. Dexter also had a similar background, but not the same attitude. They seemed to strengthen each other and I thought they were a very well written couple.

I love teen angst. I don't know why. I didn't love it so much when I was a teen myself. This was a gripping story. No explosions, no out of this world drama, no mystery to solve, but there is still that something that keeps the reader hooked to every word. Sarah Dessen should be on everyone's To Be Read list.