aimeejo

Aimee

The Book of Luke

The Book of Luke - Jenny O'Connell This was pretty good. My first Jennifer O'Connell book and I have to say I like her writing. The premise was really interesting. But after finishing the book, I really would have thought Emily, when she wanted to stop being a nice girl, would actually cop an attitude or something. It wasn't really the case. It was sometimes a struggle for her to not be the nice girl.

I liked the book idea in the story. It was interesting. Reading the random rules at the beginning of chapters was a great touch. It gave us an insight into what the girls were writing. I don't know how I really felt about Emily's friends wanting her to date Luke and dump him to get back at him. I kept cringing when she was falling more and more for him and I wasn't sure there was a way out since her friend was wanting to get back together with him in the end.

Luke wasn't the bad guy, like I thought he was going to be. I was going in the book thinking he would be a player or something. Not the case. More of a case of a boy who doesn't want a high maintenance gal. I didn't find him jerkish, just practical.

Overall, I liked the story. It was pretty good. It was told in a great narrative that has a Mean Girls feel to it, minus the Regina George. Definitely worth the read.