aimeejo

Aimee

Cracked Up to Be

Cracked Up to Be - Courtney Summers This was an interesting novel. I did think it was well written, but the story had me scratching my head sometimes. This is another story where we get bits and pieces along the way, not even Parker's friends know what is going on with her.

I found it compelling more at the end, but I spend more time frustrated with Parker's behavor through most of the novel, I was kind of surprised I finished it actually. I am glad, now, that I stuck it out, but this didn't have a pull on me where I was compelled to finish until 3/4 of a way through.

More and more, I'm picking YA novels that deal with some pretty serious situations. Parker is on a suicide watch by her parents and faculty staff at school. But I had a hard time believing the character through some of the novel. There were times I was convinced it was all for show.