aimeejo

Aimee

The Beginning of After

The Beginning of After - Jennifer Castle Such an emotional read! I knew going in it would be sad, but still found myself tearing up quite a bit. Such a well written account of two lives after tragedy strikes. Laurel was a strong character. Stronger than she ever gave herself credit for. I felt her grief, her anger, her fear.

The point of view was from Laurel, but Jennifer Castle also crafts into the story David's life as well, as he connected with Laurel. I liked how they didn't grieve the same way, that they each had two separate lives but somehow tangled together.

The story is complex. It was such a fun read, because lots of stuff was always happening but what was great about that was it all seemed to fit. Nothing seemed out of place or took away from the tragedy that made the story. I really do like the way it was written, it was written with a near flawless narration that made the words flow to the very end.

Really, I was just blown away with the story. I got lost in it and forgot about all that other stuff I should have been doing. This was kinda like popcorn. Once you start you can't stop until it's all gone! Definitely read worthy book. I will be waiting in line release day to get my hard copy!