aimeejo

Aimee

Legacy

Legacy - Cayla Kluver This was one of those reads that kept me up way too long to see how the story ends. What I liked about reading this, was at the end, the author left a note at the end about the other book in the series. There was no guess work on if this was a series or not. It looks to be the first in a trilogy.

When I first started reading, I was hooked! I read and read until I consumed the whole book. It did have parts that dragged a bit that I skimmed over, but those were few and far between. I really liked the premise of this one. Although, after I was approved for the copy, I started to think 'Oh, God. What was I thinking?' This is pure fantasy. A whole other world. Normally, I don't go for these too often. But after I picked it up I was instantly reassured when I was too hooked to put it down.

There was so much mystery with this that it had me captivated. Narian was such a mystery that I was very intrigued and definitely liked him more than Steldor (who I thought was a major jerk). Although, of the men, I liked London the best. His past is clouded and makes for a very interesting character. One I hope to learn more about in the second book.

This was really well written. I had read some negative reviews before starting this, and all of them stated how poorly written it was. I don't believe it was poorly written. I thought the writing was great and the story flowed and it was a joy to read. I don't often recommend pure fantasy novels, but this is definitely read worthy!