aimeejo

Aimee

The "What If" Guy

The "What If" Guy - Brooke Moss I was blown away with this book! For many reasons. The premise sounded very interesting to me, but what I didn't expect was just how well the story was written. I love redeemable characters and I wasn't expecting to find the dad (town drunk) to have any redeemable qualities but I was taken by surprise. I thought it was a brilliant move, I'm not sure if the story would have been the same if he hadn't tried to connect with his daughter and grandson. Although, that wasn't the case at first.

I liked the idea behind this book. 'What If' guy. Definitely made for a very fun read. There were parts where I was laughing so hard! Autumn, aka Auto, is just a bit of a klutz when she gets around Henry. But it isn't horrible. It isn't to the point you roll your eyes as something else happens. It was well played that it didn't feel like she was a walking hazard. Even though she kind of was.

I just wasn't expecting this kind of story. Autumn has lost everything when she lost her job. Her house, her belongings, her son's special arts school and her Seattle life. But what I loved most of all was getting to read about how she eventually gets back on her feet. How she tries so hard, if not for herself then for her son.

It was just a story that engulfed me. I stayed up way to late to finish and loved the epilogue from Henry, perfect ending. This is what a romance should be like! This just might be my favorite contemporary romance read this year. I definitely recommend it and urge all my friends to read it!