aimeejo

Aimee

Between the Lines

Between the Lines - Tammara Webber I wasn't quite sure where this was going. I liked the Jane Austen remake that the crew were working on, even if it was extremely cheesy (I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be that way). Maybe it's just me, but I had a bit of a giggle when one of the main characters name is Emma when it's a P&P set novel. I don't know if this was intentional on the authors part, but I really like to think so.

From the beginning, I was on Team Graham. If there is such a team. I didn't mind Reid so much in the beginning, but after the filming started, I started to like him less and less. While I don't think he's a bad guy, I think he has some deep issues that he's going to have to work on if he ever does want that lasting relationship to work. I'm glad we did get to see parts from his point of view. It kept him from being 'that guy' who just doesn't care about anything or anyone but himself. Since we do get to see inside his head, I was actually rooting for him to come to that point where he realizes his lifestyle just isn't healthy.

I already said, but I really liked Graham. It was a slow build and he was just that guy who was there for Emma pretty much no matter what. Maybe I just like the underdog, but Graham was that guy who doesn't take the whole being a star thing to an extreme and was very down to earth. There is a lot that goes with him in this and it keeps us readers guessing as to what is exactly going on with him and Brooke, but when I found out their secret, I was blown out of the water!

There is a lot of drama in this book, but it's the good kind. I was enthralled from the first page and I felt all the emotions Emma went through as she tried to struggle with what it was she really wanted and trying to work up the nerve to attain it. I really do recommend this book, it was heartfelt and completely engaging.