aimeejo

Aimee

Cross My Heart

Cross My Heart - Katie Klein I quickly lost myself in this story. I really felt for Jaden when her life started to play out. Everyone expected her to be one way and when she slowly started to change, it seemed like those most important to her didn't like what they were seeing. But I agree with her brother, I liked the change, I liked to see Jaden really start to live life.

I wasn't so sure about the romance at first. It took me about half way through to really get behind it and then the little twist at the end cinched it for me. I don't know why, I'm not sure if I would have liked it in another book, but for this one, it fit and felt right. I was so happy for Jaden at the end, seeing her happy when things just didn't seem to go right for her for part of the book.

I'm glad I gave this a try. When I first saw the cover, I skipped over this one. Yeah, I know, I know. You're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I did and I'm glad I gave it a look and decided to get it anyway. It's not that I hated the cover, when looking for a YA Romance, this hadn't popped out at me as one.