aimeejo

Aimee

Carrier of the Mark

Carrier of the Mark - Leigh Fallon It's not often that I leave a book unfinished. But since I made it past the halfway mark, I thought I'd share my thoughts on what made this one of the very few books that goes unfinished. First, this was an audiobook. I sampled it and thought I'd take a chance. I liked the reader, which was one of the reasons I stuck it out as long as I did. The performance of the audiobook didn't play into what made me not finish.

I'm not going to lie, the beginning was really interesting and grabbed my attention. But slowly, towards the middle, I started to lose interest. It started to resemble another book, Twilight, (other readers have pointed it out as well) and all I could think about was the similarities between the two. I could make a list, but I feel others have separated bits and pieces for comparison much better than I could have done.

I try to stay away from comparisons, it's not fair to either author who has put in hard work to get their book written. I didn't care for the plot of this book. I'm not sure if it was because it came with that feeling I've read it before (so many similarities), or if I was generally uninterested in the plot. But when it came down to it, I was doing things to put off listening to more and eventually I just gave up finishing it.