aimeejo

Aimee

Dare You To

Dare You To - Katie McGarry I shouldn't be surprised that I loved this. The first book was amazing and most times I feel like the second book falls short, whether because the plot is a repeat or the story just seems rushed to try to collect one the first books success. Dare You To was nothing short of an amazing read. On its own and as a sequel to a great start in a series.

Truth be told, my favorite part of this was Beth's uncle, Scott. I loved this story line. To see how one person is able to rise above where they come from and to become someone they can be proud of. Not only that, but to take on a moody, sharp clawed and sassy mouthed teenager. I admit I wanted to see more of the struggle between these two than what we got, but I am happy with what I did get.

The dares. Oh man! At first, I thought this was going to be one of those obnoxious adds to the story. The reason to get together and the reason for the standard miscommunication later on. To my surprise, it played a different role altogether. The author has risen above petty story plots as a means to an end and I applaud her.

Dare You To was wonderfully written and engaging. I wasn't sure I could feel for Beth, from what I saw from the first book. Well, shut my mouth! Beth is a whole lot more than some high school punk who can't go longer than two minutes without drugs or alcohol. I'm glad I was able to connecte with her. She's a great character.

Katie McGarry, I'll follow you anywhere as long as you keep writing. McGarry has earned a spot on my auto buy list.